Sunday, November 23, 2008

What a Buggin' Week



The class has been learning about informational texts, specifically the features of non-fiction books. Throughout the week most of the informational pieces used had a bug theme to them.  This was unintentional on my part, but just seemed to workout that way. The topic was definitely of high interest for the students. One of the days I brought in a few of the bugs which the class had been learning about, such as the Goliath Beetle, Giant Walking Stick, and the Bird Eating Tarantula. The students are measuring the Giant Walking Stick with their ruler to see if the comparison in the book was a true statement. To their amazement it was!  I never fully appreciated my husbands bug collection, until I saw the look on the kids faces when they were able to see the real bugs! 

No comments: